Kasara – Wildlife & Nature Photography contest
Kasara – Wildlife & Nature Photography contest invites all aspiring young photographers!!
Thank you to all those who sent it in their submission for the Kasara Wildlife & Nature Photography Contest. We received an overwhelming number of submissions and it was a tough decision but our panel of judges has decided on 6 finalist. If you don't receive a call by the end of today, please don't be disheartened, we will be hosting this contest again next year.
Thank you for your interest to participate! To submit your entries, please fill up the form below and upload 2 of your best photographs along with a brief description. 5 chosen finalists will get a chance to stay at Kasara for 3 Nights along with one of the industries’ renowned photographer! Please go through the General Rules and Regulations below before you submit your entries:
All materials are to be submitted online only. One and the same photograph cannot be entered into more than one Category. The size of each file cannot exceed 10 MB and may only be in a JPG/JPEG format. Computer generated media, photomontages, signed or watermarked photographs are not allowed.
The file title must be unique, relevant to the photograph and in English and may not contain invalid characters such as /?:? * "<> | '#, numbers or automatically generated camera numbers/titles.
Calendar of Events
- Registration starting date: January 20
- Entry deadline: February 20
- Period of voting in the 1st Round: Feb 21 – Feb 28
- Announcement of chosen finalist: Feb 28
- Finalist sent to Kasara: 1st – 4th March
- Period of voting in the 2nd round: March 2nd week
- Payment of cash prizes to the winners: 2nd week March
KWNP will have 2 Rounds:
- 1st Round – Voting by the jury team and users who will rate the photos in each category, 5 finalists with the highest score will be chosen.
- 2nd Round – The 5 finalists will then be sent to Kasara Chitwan for 3 nights along with one of the industries renowned photographer where their photography skills will then be put to test.
Each of the finalists will then have to submit their best photos based on each of the categories/topic:
- People and Portraits: men, women, children, portraits, other.
- Food: photographs focused on food.
- Best Photograph taken in Chitwan: nature, historical sights, culture and art.
- Wildlife & Nature
- Architecture: bridges, buildings, cityscape, industrial, interior, panorama, other.
The recommended evaluation criteria are Originality (50%), Technique (30%), Creativity (10%), Description and completeness (10%). The winner from the 5 finalist will then be selected and announced!
Every contestant owns the copyright of submitted images. Participants are to verify sole ownership of their work. Contestants give permission to the Contest Organizers to use without payment a free licensing right to unlimited access to the submitted images for advertising and Contest-related purposes such as PR materials, catalogues, calendars and a website.
By entering the Contest, participants agree that their images will remain a part of its history and final Contest Ratings and may not be deleted.
- Any medium that does not meet the Contest terms and conditions may be rejected by the Organizer;
- In case the contestant uses more than one profile;
- In case the contestant submits a medium that is not relevant to the Category of Contest Topic;
- In case the contestant does not use their real name and personal information;
- In case the contestant has submitted a medium owned by third parties;
- The submitted medium has poor quality or description;
The media may be digitally processed in order to optimize the image but key elements may not be removed. Brightness, contrast, colour balance can be adjusted. Dust spots, small items, etc. may be retouched. The Contest Supervisor has the right to reject any media which in their view has been manipulated or in case parts of the original image have been removed.
The media will be rated per Category by a jury team. The jury members will evaluate the visual effect, composition, originality, technique, and art contribution of the images, as well as their ability to deliver a message, sensation or emotion.
The decisions by the jury are final and not subject to appeals. Anyone trying to undermine the credibility of the jury team will be disqualified and their access to the platform will be blocked.
Cash prize of NPR 20,000 for the contest winner!!